Thursday, March 30, 2017

Maui and the sun


It was a dark  and foggy night.
The sun had gone down.
Maui couldn't see his food.
The  sun goes to fast.
We don't  have enough time to go fishing or hunting.
Guys come here.
Māui's brothers came over to Maui.
The days are short but the night is long.
I have a plan.
We will make ropes out of flax.
After the flax were ready they set off to find the sun.
They found the hole where the sun shines.
They hid behind a big giant rock at the top of the surface.
Maui said on my count throw the ropes
“123 now” yelled Maui.
“Pull “yelled Maui.
Maui kept continuously beating the sun with his grandmother's jawbone.
 “Aiee” cried the sun.
“What are you doing let me go! let me go!”
“Stop it” said the sun angrily.
“You will kill me if you don't let the ropes go”.

“There's one condition” said Maui you have to go more slow.
Now Māui and his people have plenty of time to fish,hunt and eat their food all in the light of the sun.

1 comment: